Once a gene that represents a target is identified, validation is required to justify allocation of resources needed for a new drug development project.
Cureline BioPathology, in collaboration with Althea Technologies , can provide gene expression data using DNA/RNA Microarray analysis on biospecimens.
The combination of IHC and DAN/RNA Microarray data is a powerful tool in showing that the selected target:
- is frequently genetically modified
- shows deregulated expression
- thus plays an important role in disease progression.
Cureline BioPathology's IHC and gene expression data can help prioritize a target and can assist you in identifying:
- the market size of a potential drug
- the number of suitable, genomically defined patients for a clinical study
- indicate the number of patients that should benefit from therapy.
Other services Cureline BioPathology can offer through Althea Technologies include BRCA, EGFR, kRas and bRAF genotyping, RNA/DNA Isolation from tissues and blood and RNA quality control.